Bedrocan Canada, a subsidiary of Canopy Growth Corporation, is licensed by Bedrocan international in the Netherlands to produce cannabis as a natural raw material according to pharmaceutical standards for medical purposes.
Bedrocan Canada operates a state of the art facility in Toronto, producing the same pharmaceutical grade product as its licensor, pursuant to the defined procedures, standards and norms established under Bedrocan Internationals (BI) quality management system (QMS) as an EU-GMP certified producer of an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
In this position, you will oversee Bedrocan Canada’s facility and future Bedrocan Canada facilities, working closely with Bedrocan International’s operations management department and the Canopy management team.
- Oversight of Bedrocan Canada facilities in Canada, including all aspects of the operation.
- Reporting into Canopy Growth’s executive team, you will ensure that operations are consistent with Canopy’s human resource, IT, and general operational structure.
- Reporting into the Bedrocan International operations management department, you will ensure the facility operates according to the Bedrocan International QMS.
- Receive and hold in confidence licensed know-how and confidential information, carefully applying this know-how to Bedrocan Canada facilities while maintaining intellectual property separation from other Canopy operations.
- Ensure the continuity and integrity of Bedrocan Canada and its commitment to continuous improvement.
- Meeting the strong rise in demand for production in a responsible manner.
- Leading the facility with its approximately fifty employees.
- Motivate, and encourage the further professional development of employees on all levels.
- Lead and champion change management activities (i.e., frequent communication to staff and stakeholders about the change and the impact of the change).
- Manages business leadership priorities of projects and requests.
- Manage ongoing operating performance against the plans and budgets.
- Ensure that all Health Canada and corporate regulations and policies are being met.
- Define operational practices to be compliant with regulatory framework.
- Lead production meetings and provide coordination to resolve issues.
- Procure all materials and services needed to operate the facility. Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards are up to Ontario code. Investigate issues and implement corrective actions.
- Implement BIQMS to monitor efficiency, yield, productivity and capacity across all processes.
- Maintain and repair equipment and building. Manage contractors and service providers.
- Along with QA Officer, ensure full compliance with Health Canada regulations. Along with Finance, ensure full compliance with Canopy financial guidelines.
- Determine staffing requirements, interview, hire and train new employees in coordination with HR.
- Manage and facilitate cross-site projects.
- Ensure that Canopy best practices, standard work methods and Lean methodology are used across the site.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or related environment
- Excellent knowledge of GMP and regulatory agencies
- Experience successfully leading large, complex projects
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Able to communicate clearly both in a board room setting and on the work floor
- Autonomous, decisive and well balanced style of management that achieves desired results within the set boundaries and with the available means
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Requires leadership and negotiation skills
- People manager with wide experience in coaching
- Strong Project Management skills
- Experienced in directing process improvement and working according to KPI’s
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Sufficient technical insight
- Fluent in Dutch (Asset)
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org